- Consumer Association Roundtable
The Consumer Association Roundtable provides a forum for dialogue between the federal government and Canadian consumers through an ongoing exchange with key consumer associations.
- Expert Advisory Committee
The Expert Advisory Committee provides the CFIA with objective professional and technical advice on key issues related to the CFIA's three business lines: food safety, animal health and plant health.
- Ministerial Advisory Board
The mandate of the Ministerial Advisory Board is to advise the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food on:
- issues relevant to Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) activities, and
- the Minister's responsibilities for the overall direction of the CFIA.
- Value Chain Roundtables
The Value Chain Roundtables (VCRTs) were launched in 2003 as part of a shared vision between industry and government to enhance Canadian competitiveness and profitability. At the roundtables, key industry leaders from across the value chain meet with federal and provincial government policy makers. Industry leaders come from the following areas:
- food service industries
The roundtables are industry-specific and focus on the individual needs of each value chain. Each roundtable is industry-led and is supported by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's Value Chain Roundtable Secretariat. The CFIA is an active member of all ten of these national roundtables:
- Agri-Subcommittee on Food Safety
- Beef Value Chain Roundtable
- Food Processing Industry Roundtable
- Grains Innovation Roundtable
- Horticulture Value Chain Roundtable
- Organic Value Chain Roundtable
- Pork Value Chain Roundtable
- Pulse Industry Roundtable
- Seafood Value Chain Roundtable
- Special Crops Value Chain Roundtable
- Date modified: