2011-2012 Departmental Performance Report
Management Representation Statement for Performance Information
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) 2011–12 Performance Report for the year ending March 31, 2012, was prepared under my direction and the CFIA's Senior Management Committee, and approved by the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food. In accordance with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Act, the report also includes an assessment of the fairness and reliability of the performance information conducted by the Auditor General of Canada.
I submit for tabling in Parliament the 2011–12 Performance Report for the CFIA.
This document has been prepared based on the following reporting principles contained in the Guide for the Preparation of Part III of the Estimates: 2012–13 Report on Plans and Priorities and 2011–12 Departmental Performance Report:
- It adheres to the specific reporting requirements outlined in Treasury Board Secretariat guidance;
- It is based on the CFIA's Strategic Outcome and Program Activity Architecture that were approved by Treasury Board;
- It presents consistent, comprehensive, balanced and reliable information;
- It provides a basis of accountability for the results achieved with the resources and authorities entrusted to it; and
- It reports finances based on approved numbers from the Estimates and the Public Accounts of Canada.
President, Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Date modified: