Canadian Food Inspection Agency Fees Notice
Part 13 - Processed Fruit or Vegetable Products Fees
1. (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in this Part.
"Act" means the Safe Food for Canadians Act. (Loi)
"full inspection service" applies to all establishments not meeting the definition for reduced inspection service. (service d'inspection complet)
"reduced inspection service" applies to establishments that produced no more than 250,000 kilograms of processed fruit and vegetable products in the previous year and a statement of such production volume is provided to the inspector. New establishments may provide a statement of the estimated production volume for the first year of production. (service d'inspection réduit)
"Regulations" means the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations. (Règlement)
(2) Unless otherwise provided in this Part, other words and expressions have the same meaning as in the Act and the Regulations.
2. (1) The fees set out in items 1 and 3 of the table to this Part shall be paid at the time the application for a licence, a licence renewal or inspection is submitted, except if a person has a charge account with the Agency, in which case they are payable on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
(2) The fee set out in item 2 of that table shall be paid on delivery of the inspection results, except if the applicant has a charge account with the Agency, in which case the fee is payable on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
(3) The fees set out in items 4 and 5 of that table are payable on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
3. Despite section 2 the fees set out in items 3 to 5 shall be paid before the service is provided, or the right or privilege is conferred, if the applicant
(a) has previously failed to pay a fee set out in this Notice; or
(b) does not have a fixed place of residence in Canada.
|Item||Column 1 |
Service, Right, Product, Privilege or Use
|For the issuance of a licence under section 20 of the Act or the renewal of a licence under section 22 of the Act||$250 per licence, valid for 2 years|
|For an inspection of an establishment in which a licence holder conducts activities identified in a licence|
|(a) in the case of an establishment that packages low-acid or acidified low-acid processed fruit or vegetable products in hermetically sealed containers and is under|
||$2,710 per year per establishment if the establishment is inspected in the year|
||$625 per year per establishment if the establishment is inspected in the year|
|(b) in the case of an establishment that manufactures, processes, treats, preserves, grades or packages processed fruit or vegetable products, other than low-acid or acidified low-acid products in hermetically sealed containers, and is under|
|$850 per year per establishment if the establishment is inspected in the year|
||$300 per year per establishment if the establishment is inspected in the year|
|Inspection for purposes of export
|For the inspection of a processed fruit or vegetable product before export, for the purpose of issuing a certificate or other document referred to in section 48 of the Act||$150 per inspection|
|For the verification of import information referred to in subsection 13(1) of the Regulations and inspection under section 24 of the Act||$14 per shipment|
|For services provided by an inspector, upon request from a person, for the purpose of helping that person to meet the requirements of the Act or the Regulations||$21.75 per quarter hour, the time being rounded to the nearest quarter hour, subject to a minimum fee of $87|
- Date modified: