Canadian Food Inspection Agency Fees Notice
Part 2 - Egg Fees
1. (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in this Part.
"Act" means the Safe Food for Canadians Act. (Loi)
"Regulations" means the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations. (Règlement)
(2) Unless otherwise provided in this Part, other words and expressions have the same meaning as in the Act and the Regulations.
Establishments where eggs are graded by a licence holder
2. (1) The annual fee payable for the inspection of an establishment, identified in a licence, where eggs are graded by a licence holder that has an average weekly grading volume set out in column 1 of an item of table 2 to this Part, is the amount set out in column 2 of that item.
(2) If the Agency is notified of a change in the operations of an establishment that affects the fee payable under subsection (1), or if the Agency has other information that affects the annual fee payable under subsection (1), that fee is adjusted in accordance with table 2 of this Part and the adjusted fee is effective as of the day on which the change took effect.
3. (1) The fee set out in item 1 of table 1 to this Part shall be paid at the time the application for the licence or renewal of the licence is submitted, except if the applicant has a charge account with the Agency, in which case the fee is payable on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
(2) The fees set out in items 2 to 7 of table 1 to this Part shall be paid on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), the applicable fee set out in table 2 is payable as follows:
(a) 25 per cent of the fee is payable on receipt of an invoice from the Agency; and
(b) the remainder of the fee is payable in three equal instalments at equal time intervals within the year.
(4) If the applicable fee set out in table 2 is less than $300, the fee is payable on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
Service, Right, Product, Privilege or Use
|1.||For the issuance of a licence under section 20 of the Act or the renewal of a licence under section 22 of the Act||$250 per licence, valid for 2 years|
|2.||For an inspection of eggs under section 24 of the Act upon the written request for a certificate of inspection||$57 per hour, but not exceeding $250 per inspection|
|3.||For an inspection of eggs under section 24 of the Act before export for the purpose of issuing a certificate or other document under section 48 of the Act||$37.50 per hour, but not exceeding $150 per inspection|
|4.||(1) For the verification of import information referred to in subsection 13(1) of the Regulations, and inspection of imported eggs under section 24 of the Act||$104 per shipment|
|(2) For the verification of import information referred to in subsection 13(1) of the Regulations, and inspection of imported eggs under section 24 of the Act where the eggs are to be delivered for processing directly to an establishment where eggs are processed and treated by a licence holder||$28 per shipment|
|5.||For an inspection of ungraded eggs in accordance with the requirements for the grades prescribed in the Regulations||$167 per inspection|
|6.||For review by an inspector of plans and specifications for an establishment where eggs are graded by a licence holder||$51.30 per hour|
|7.||For an inspection carried out to determine whether corrective action has been taken for the purpose of addressing a contravention of the Regulations||$67 per hour|
Average Weekly Grading Volume (Boxes)
Annual Fee ($)
|1.||30,001 or more||18,390|
|2.||25,001 to 30,000||16,860|
|3.||20,001 to 25,000||13,790|
|4.||15,001 to 20,000||11,920|
|5.||10,001 to 15,000||8,515|
|6.||8,001 to 10,000||6,130|
|7.||6,001 to 8,000||4,770|
|8.||4,001 to 6,000||3,410|
|9.||2,001 to 4,000||2,050|
|10.||1,001 to 2,000||1,530|
|11.||501 to 1,000||770|
|12.||101 to 500||480|
|13.||50 to 100||200|
|14.||less than 50||135|
- Date modified: