Part 2 - Egg Fees
1. (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in this Part.
"Act" means the Canada Agricultural Products Act. (Loi)
"Regulations" means the Egg Regulations. (Règlement)
(2) Unless otherwise provided in this Part, other words and expressions have the same meaning as in the Act and the Regulations.
Registered Egg Stations
2. (1) The annual fee payable for the inspection of a registered egg station that has an average weekly grading volume set out in column 1 of an item of table 2 to this Part, is the amount set out in column 2 of that item.
(2) If the Director is notified of a change in the operations of a registered egg station under subsection 9(27.1) of the Regulations or if the Director has other information that a change referred to in that subsection has occurred, the annual fee payable is adjusted and the adjusted fee is effective as of the day on which the change took effect.
3. (1) The fees set out in table 1 to this Part shall be paid on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the applicable fee set out in table 2 is payable as follows:
(a) 25 per cent of the fee is payable on receipt of an invoice from the Agency; and
(b) the remainder of the fee is payable in three equal instalments at equal time intervals within the period of a fiscal year.
(3) If the applicable fee set out in table 2 is less than $300, the fee is payable on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
|Item||Column 1 |
Service, Right, Product, Privilege or Use
|1.||For an inspection upon request of eggs in accordance with subsection 23(1) of the Regulations||$57 per hour, but not exceeding $250 per inspection|
|2.||For an inspection of eggs at a registered processed egg station in accordance with subsection 23(3) of the Regulations||$57 per hour|
|3.||For an inspection of eggs for export, in accordance with sections 26 to 28 of the Regulations||$37.50 per hour, but not exceeding $150 per inspection|
|4.||(1) For an inspection of imported eggs in accordance with sections 31 and 32 of the Regulations||$104 per shipment|
|(2) For an inspection of imported eggs in accordance with sections 31 and 32 of the Regulations where the eggs are to be conveyed to a registered processed egg station for processing||$28 per shipment|
|5.||For an inspection of ungraded eggs in accordance with subsection 1(2.1) of Schedule I to the Regulations||$167 per inspection|
|6.||For a review by an inspector of plans and specifications referred to in paragraph 7(2)(a) or subsection 9(27) of the Regulations||$51.30 per hour|
|7.||For an inspection carried out to ensure that a contravention of the Regulations has been corrected||$67 per hour|
Annual Fees for Inspection of a Registered Egg Station
|Item||Column 1 |
Average Weekly Grading Volume (Boxes)
Annual Fee ($)
|1.||30,001 or more||18,390|
|2.||25,001 to 30,000||16,860|
|3.||20,001 to 25,000||13,790|
|4.||15,001 to 20,000||11,920|
|5.||10,001 to 15,000||8,515|
|6.||8,001 to 10,000||6,130|
|7.||6,001 to 8,000||4,770|
|8.||4,001 to 6,000||3,410|
|9.||2,001 to 4,000||2,050|
|10.||1,001 to 2,000||1,530|
|11.||501 to 1,000||770|
|12.||101 to 500||480|
|13.||50 to 100||200|
|14.||less than 50||135|
- Date modified: