Part 13 - Processed Products Fees
1. (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in this Part.
"Act" means the Canada Agricultural Products Act. (Loi)
"full inspection service" has the same meaning as in Chapter 1 of the Establishment Inspection Manual respecting processed products, published by the Department of Agriculture and Agri-food on October 1, 1991, as amended from time to time. (service d'inspection complet)
"reduced inspection service" has the same meaning as in Chapter 1 of the Establishment Inspection Manual respecting processed products, published by the Department of Agriculture and Agri-food on October 1, 1991, as amended from time to time. (service d'inspection réduit)
"Regulations" means the Processed Products Regulations. (Règlement)
(2) Unless otherwise provided in this Part, other words and expressions have the same meaning as in the Act and the Regulations.
2. (1) The fees set out in items 1 to 3 of the table to this Part shall be paid at the time the application for registration, renewal, change or inspection is submitted, except if a person has a charge account with the Agency, in which case they are payable on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
(2) The fees set out in items 4 and 5 of that table are payable on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
3. Despite section 2, if required by an inspector, the fees set out in items 2 to 5 shall be paid before the service is provided, or the right or privilege is conferred, if the applicant
(a) has previously failed to pay a fee set out in this Notice or in the Processed Products Fees Order; or
(b) does not have a fixed place of residence in Canada.
|Item||Column 1 |
Service, Right, Product, Privilege or Use
|registration of establishments
|For the registration of an establishment, or the renewal of an existing registration, under Part II of the Regulations|
|(a) in the case of an establishment that packs low-acid food products or acidified low-acid food products in hermetically sealed containers and is under|
|(i) a full inspection service||$2,710|
|(ii) a reduced inspection service||$625|
|(b) in any other case and under|
|(i) a full inspection service||$850|
|(ii) a reduced inspection service||$300|
|registration of labels
|(1) For registration of a label pursuant to subsection 44(2) of the Regulations||$100|
|(2) To change a label that is already registered||$45|
|(3) Subitem (2) does not apply to changes to a registered label that|
|(a) are not in respect of the information required by the Regulations;|
|(b) are necessary as a result of an amendment to the Regulations.|
|inspection for purposes of export
|For the inspection of a food product under section 58 the Regulations||$150|
|For the verification of an import declaration under section 66 of the Regulations||$14 per shipment|
|For services provided by an inspector, upon request of a person, for the purpose of helping that person to meet the requirements of the Act or the Regulations||$21.75 per quarter hour, the time being rounded to the nearest quarter hour. subject to a minimum fee of $87|
- Date modified: