Collective Agreement between the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) regarding the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) Bargaining Unit
* Article 57 – Duty Aboard Vessels
* 57.01 Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to impair in any manner whatsoever the authority of the Master.
* 57.02 The Master may, whenever he or she deems it advisable, require any employee to participate in lifeboat or other emergency drills without the payment of overtime.
* 57.03 Any work necessary for the safety of the vessel, passengers, crew or cargo shall be performed by all employees at any time on immediate call and, notwithstanding any provisions of this Agreement which might be construed to the contrary, in no event shall overtime be paid for work performed in connection with such emergency duties of which the Master shall be the sole judge.
* 57.04 When an employee suffers loss of clothing or personal effects (those which can reasonably be expected to accompany the employee aboard the ship) because of marine disaster or shipwreck, the employee shall be reimbursed the value of those articles up to a maximum of three thousand dollars ($3,000) based on replacement cost.
- An employee shall submit to the Employer a full inventory of his or her personal effects and shall be responsible for maintaining it in a current state.
- An employee or the employee's estate making a claim under this Article shall submit to the Employer reasonable proof of such loss, and shall submit an affidavit listing the individual items and values claimed.
- Date modified: