Collective Agreement between the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) regarding the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) Bargaining Unit
* Article 63 – Pay Administration
* 63.01 Except as provided in this Article, the terms and conditions governing the application of pay to employees are not affected by this Agreement.
* 63.02 An employee is entitled to be paid for services rendered at:
- the pay specified in Appendix "A", for the classification of the position to which the employee is appointed, if the classification coincides with that prescribed in the employee's certificate of appointment;
- the pay specified in Appendix "A", for the classification prescribed in the employee's certificate of appointment, if that classification and the classification of the position to which the employee is appointed do not coincide.
- The rates of pay set forth in Appendix "A" shall become effective on the dates specified.
- Where the rates of pay set forth in Appendix "A" have an effective date prior to the date of signing of this Agreement, the following shall apply:
- "retroactive period" for the purpose of paragraphs (ii) to (v) below means the period commencing on the effective date of the retroactive upward revision in rates of pay and ending on the day this Agreement is signed or when an arbitral award is rendered therefore;
- a retroactive upward revision in rates of pay shall apply to employees, former employees or in the case of death, the estates of former employees who were employees in the group identified in Article 8 of this Agreement during the retroactive period;
- rates of pay shall be paid in an amount equal to what would have been paid had this Agreement been signed or an arbitral award rendered therefore on the effective date of the revision in rates of pay;
- * in order for former employees or, in the case of death, for the former employees' representatives to receive payment in accordance with paragraph 63.03(b)(iii), the Employer shall notify, by registered mail, such individuals at their last known address that they have thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of the registered letter to request in writing such payment, after which time any obligation upon the Employer to provide payment ceases;
- * no payment or no notification shall be made pursuant to sub-clause 63.03(b) for one dollar or less.
* 63.04 Where a pay increment and a pay revision are effected on the same date, the pay increment shall be applied first and the resulting rate shall be revised in accordance with the pay revision.
* 63.05 This Article is subject to the Memorandum of Understanding signed by the Treasury Board and the Union dated February 9,1982 in respect of red-circled employees.
* 63.06 If, during the term of this Agreement, a new classification standard for a group is established and implemented by the Employer, the Employer shall, before applying rates of pay to new levels resulting from the application of the standard, negotiate with the Union the rates of pay and the rules affecting the pay of employees on their movement to the new levels.
* 63.07 Sub-clause 63.07(a) does not apply to employees covered by sub-clause 63.07(b).
- (a) When an employee is required by the Employer to substantially perform the duties of a higher classification level in an acting capacity and performs those duties for at least two (2) consecutive working days or shifts, the employee shall be paid acting pay calculated from the date on which he or she commenced to act as if he or she had been appointed to that higher classification level for the period in which he or she acts.
* Sub-clause 63.07(b) applies only to employees at the EG-02 and EG-03 levels performing inspection duties and for GL or GS employees.
- (b) When an employee is required by the Employer to substantially perform the duties of a higher classification level in an acting capacity and performs those duties for at least one (1) day or one (1) shift, employees in the classification groups GL, GS and employees in the EG-02 and EG-03 levels who perform inspection duties in their substantive position shall be paid acting pay calculated from the date on which he or she commenced to act as if he or she had been appointed to that higher classification level for the period in which he or she acts.
- (c) When a day designated as a paid holiday occurs during the qualifying period, the holiday shall be considered as a day worked for purposes of the qualifying period.
* 63.08 When the regular pay day for an employee falls on his or her day of rest, every effort shall be made to issue his or her cheque on his or her last working day, provided it is available at his or her regular place of work.
- Date modified: