Collective Agreement between the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) regarding the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) Bargaining Unit
** Appendix E – Memorandum of Understanding Between the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) - Retention Allowance for AS-02 Compensation Advisors
- In an effort to increase retention of AS-02 Compensation Advisors, the Employer will provide an allowance to incumbents of AS-02 Compensation Advisor positions for the performance of Compensation and Benefit duties at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- The parties agree that AS-02 Compensation Advisors who perform the duties of positions identified above shall be eligible to receive a "Retention Allowance" in the following amounts and subject to the following conditions:
- Commencing on January 1, 2012 and ending December 31, 2014, AS-02 Compensation Advisors who perform the duties of the positions identified above shall be eligible to receive an allowance to be paid biweekly;
- The employee shall be paid the daily amount shown below for each calendar day for which the employee is paid pursuant to Appendix A of the collective agreement. This daily amount is equivalent to the annual amount set out below divided by two hundred and sixty decimal eight eight (260.88);
AS-02 Compensation Advisors Retention Allowance
Annual amount: $2,000
Daily amount: $7.67
- The Retention Allowance specified above does not form part of an employee's salary.
- The Retention Allowance will be added to the calculation of the weekly rate of pay for the maternity and parental allowances payable under articles 41 and 43 of this collective agreement.
- Subject to (f) below, the amount of the Retention Allowance payable is that amount specified in paragraph 2(b) for the level prescribed in the certificate of appointment of the employee's AS-02 position.
- When an AS-02 Compensation Advisor is required by the Employer to perform the duties of a higher classification level in accordance with clause 62.07(a), the Retention Allowance shall not be payable for the period during which the employee performs the duties of a higher level.
- A part-time AS-02 Compensation Advisor shall be paid the daily amount shown above divided by seven decimal five (7.5), for each hour paid at their hourly rate of pay.
- An employee shall not be entitled to the allowance for periods he/she is on leave without pay or under suspension.
- This Memorandum of Understanding expires on December 31, 2014.
- Date modified: