This archive of previously issued food recalls and allergy alerts is provided for reference and research purposes.
Users should note that the products listed in the archive have been subject to removal from the marketplace or appropriate corrective action. Food recalls or allergy alerts are not an indication of the food safety status of products produced at a later date.
Allergy Alert - Undeclared sulphites in President’s Choice® White Grape Juice
- Recall / advisory date:
- May 24, 2013
- Reason for recall / advisory:
- Allergen - Sulphites
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Company / Firm:
- Loblaw Companies Limited
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan
- Extent of the distribution:
- Reference number:
Ottawa, May 24, 2013 - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Loblaw Companies Limited (Loblaw) are warning people with sensitivity to sulphites not to consume 1.36 L size President’s Choice® White Grape Juice described below. The affected product contains sulphites which are not declared on the label.
This product has been distributed nationally in Loblaw banner stores http://loblawstores.ca/LCLOnline/.
The product was sold at:
- BC, AB, SK, MB: Extra Foods®, nofrills®, Real Canadian Superstore®, Shop Easy®, SuperValu®, Your Independent Grocer®, Real Canadian Wholesale Club®
- ON: Fortinos, Loblaws®, nofrills®, Real Canadian Superstore®, Real Canadian Wholesale Club®, Cash & Carry, valu-mart®, Your Independent Grocer®, Zehrs®, Freshmart
- Atlantic: Cash & Carry, Real Canadian Wholesale Club®, Dominion, Freshmart, Red & White, nofrills®, Save Easy, Real Canadian Superstore®
- Quebec: AXEP, Group Distribution, L’Intermarché, Loblaws, Maxi & Cie, Maxi, Provigo, à plein gaz
For a complete list of store information please visit: http://loblawstores.ca/LCLOnline/
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with sensitivity to sulphites.
The importer, Loblaw Companies Limited, Brampton, ON is voluntarily recalling the affected product from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
|Brand Name||Common Name||Size||Code(s) on Product||UPC||Additional Info|
|President's Choice||White Grape Juice||1.36 LT||Best Before:
2014 AL 17
For more information, consumers and industry can contact:
Loblaw Customer Relations
1-888-495-5111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CFIA by filling out the online feedback form.
For information on common food allergens, visit the Food Allergens web page.
Public Relations Department, Loblaw Companies Limited
email@example.com or 905-459-2500
CFIA Media Relations
- Date modified: