The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is responsible for enforcing a number of Acts of Parliament in order to deliver inspection and related services for consumers and industry that contribute to food safety, animal health and plant protection.
As part of its ongoing effort to increase awareness of CFIA's role in encouraging compliance with the various Acts and Regulations, the CFIA issues prosecution bulletins when a conviction is obtained.
- 2015-07-10 - Sheng Feng Trading Inc. (Ontario Corporation 2382365) fined $30,000 for an offence under the Meat Inspection Act
- 2015-07-10 - Farm Fresh Supermarket (Ontario Corporation 1741695) fined $15,000 for an offence under the Meat Inspection Act
- 2015-07-03 - Mr. Douwe De Boer convicted of two counts of contravening subsection 14(1) of the Meat Inspection Act
- 2015-05-08 - Mr. Bruce Arabsky fined $12,000 for offences under the Food and Drugs Act
- 2015-05-04 - Denis Plourde (former president of Groupe C.N.P. Inc.) fined $21,000 for contravening the Meat Inspection Act and its Regulations
- 2015-04-20 - 0865838 B.C. Ltd., (doing business as Pitt Meadows Meats, Fraser Valley Meat Supplies Ltd., and Meadow Valley Meats), fined $125,000.00 for an offence under the Food and Drugs Act
- 2015-03-24 - Lakeshore Fish Company Inc. (Ontario Corporation 1069376) fined $12,500 for offences under the Fish Inspection Regulations
- 2015-03-09 - TJJ.T Holdings Inc. fined $1,500 for contravening the Meat Inspection Act
- 2015-03-04 - Lilydale Inc. fined $160,000 for offences under the Health of Animals Regulations and the Meat Inspection Regulations
- Date modified: