The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is responsible for enforcing a number of Acts of Parliament in order to deliver inspection and related services for consumers and industry that contribute to food safety, animal health and plant protection.
As part of its ongoing effort to increase awareness of CFIA's role in encouraging compliance with the various Acts and Regulations, the CFIA issues prosecution bulletins when a conviction is obtained.
- 2016-11-28 - Richardson International Limited Fined $50,000 for an Offence Under the Plant Protection Regulations
- 2016-11-03 - Robert Kropelnicki and Gordon P. Kropelnicki Fined $1,000 each for Offences Under the Health of Animals Regulations
- 2016-07-15 - Paolo Chiasson Fined $1000 for Offences Under the Fish Inspection Regulations
- 2016-07-15 - Marc Dugas Fined $10,000 for Offences Under the Food and Drugs Act
- 2016-06-27 - Lions' Gate Fisheries Ltd. Fined $30,000.00 for Offences Under the Fish Inspection Regulations
- 2016-06-22 - Pine Creek Farms Manitoba Ltd. fined $60,000.00 for offences under the Meat Inspection Act
- 2016-06-07 - Mucci International Marketing Inc., Mucci Pac Ltd., and Two Directors fined $1,500,000.00 for offences under the Food and Drugs Act, the Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act and the Canada Agricultural Products Act
- 2016-06-02 - Mr. Chad Michael Brown fined $700 for an offence under the Fish Inspection Act
- Date modified: