Vision and Mission
To excel as a science-based regulator, trusted and respected by Canadians and the international community.
Dedicated to safeguarding food, animals and plants, which enhances the health and well-being of Canada's people, environment and economy.
Statement of Values
As employees of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency . . .
- We value scientific rigour and professional and technical competence. These play a crucial role in our decision making. We do not manipulate science to achieve a desired outcome but acknowledge that other factors must be taken into account in this decision making.
- The reputation and credibility of the Agency are vital to our ability to deliver our mandate. As such, we behave, internally and externally, in a way that trust is preserved.
- We are proud of the contributions we make to the quality of life of Canadians. We value dedication and responsiveness from all employees day to day and, particularly, during an emergency.
- We value competent, qualified and motivated personnel, whose efforts drive the results of the Agency.
- To develop effective policies and strategies, we value the perspectives of the stakeholders who are affected by our decisions.
- We maintain our regulatory independence from all external stakeholders. We have the courage to make difficult and potentially unpopular decisions and recommendations, free from personal bias.
- We are committed to our physical and psychological well-being.
- Statement of Values (full text)
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency and Its Regulated Parties, Stakeholders and Partners: An Ethical Relationship
- Policy on the Responsible Conduct of Research and Development
- Date modified: