The CFIA Chronicle – Special Edition
Message from the President
Canadians have one fundamental expectation about food: they want to know that it's safe to eat. We are fortunate in our country to have one of the strongest food safety systems in the world. But recent decades have brought added risks and changes, including new threats to food safety, evolving consumer preferences and prevention-focused international standards. In the face of change, Canada is taking action to continue building on our global leadership in food production. And it all begins with having a single set of modern regulations to govern food safety.
- Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR) – Myth vs Fact
- What the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations mean for consumers
- New traceability requirements under the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations
- The case for change: Safe Food for Canadians Regulations
- Consistent and efficient inspections
- What we heard and how we updated the regulations
- Preventive food safety controls: Identifying risk early
Keep up to date with changes happening at the CFIA.
Subscribe to the email notification services, modernization initiatives listserv for updates on future editions of this newsletter.
- Date modified: