The Canadian Food Inspection Agency works with Agency scientists and technical experts to establish the biocontainment levels, procedures and protocols that are needed to work safely in:
- facilities handling animal pathogens*
- facilities handling prion disease agents*
- facilities handling aquatic animal pathogens
- foreign animal disease diagnostic laboratories
- facilities handling plant pests
*The Containment Standards for Veterinary Facilities and Containment Standards for Laboratories, Animal Facilities and Post Mortem Rooms will be updated in the Canadian Biosafety Standards and Guidelines.
- Date modified: