Virginiamycin - MIB #63
Date Revised: 2011-06
- STAFAC 22 contains virginiamycin at 22 g/kg (Phibro Animal Health Corporation)
- STAFAC 44 contains virginiamycin at 44 g/kg (Phibro Animal Health Corporation)
- STAFAC 500 contains virginiamycin at 500 g/kg (Phibro Animal Health Corporation)
- VIRGINIAMYCIN 44 PREMIX contains virginiamycin at 44 g/kg (Bio Agri Mix LP)
Approved for use
In meal or pellet feed for broiler chickens and for swine.
For swine - Claim 1
For broiler chickens - Claim 2
Claim 1: As an aid in treatment and control of Swine Dysentery.
Level of Drug:
- 110 mg/kg (0.011%) of complete feed for 2 weeks.
- 55 mg/kg (0.0055%) of complete feed for the following 4 weeks.
- Feed 110 mg/kg medicated feed as the sole ration for the first 2 weeks of treatment. This MUST be followed by 55 mg/kg medicated feed for the next 4 weeks.
- Feed 55 mg/kg medicated feed as the sole ration for 4 weeks ONLY after having fed 110 mg/kg medicated feed for 2 weeks.
- Compatible with Bentonite, Lignosol, Agri-Colloid or Pel-Aid when used as pellet binding agent. (Required only on Premix and Supplement Labels).
- This medicated feed will be effective only if both levels have been fed as prescribed.
If, after cessation of medication at 55 mg/kg, dysentery reoccurs, re-treat with above regimen.
Claim 2: As an aid in the prevention of Necrotic Enteritis in broiler chickens caused by Clostridium Perfringens susceptible to virginiamycin.
Level of Drug:
22 mg/kg (0.0022%) of complete feed.
Feed this medicated feed as the sole ration.
- Do not feed to birds producing eggs for human consumption.
- Do not feed to replacement or breeding chickens.
- Compatible with Bentonite, Lignosol Agri-Colloid or Pel-Aid, when used as pellet-binding agents. (Required only on Premix and Supplement Labels).
Virginiamycin is compatible with the following drug/drug combinations. For details refer to the MIB as indicated.
|Number||Medicated ingredients||For use in feed for|
|1.||Semduramicin sodium (MIB #79) at 25 mg/kg in the complete feed||Broiler chickens|
- Date modified: