National Farm - Level Mink Biosecurity Standard - Producers' Guide
Appendix B - Additional Suggested References for Producers
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
- 1. Animal Biosecurity. General biosecurity measures for producers and veterinarians. Brochures, Video and other Publications – Animal Health Starts on the Farm. Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- 2. Biosecurity for Mink Ranches - PDF (77 kb) Perennia.
- 3. Biosecurity in Alberta (2011). Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development.
- 4. Biosecurity Nova Scotia. This site provides an overview of biosecurity principles, as well as standard operating protocols to help implement an effective program on your farm; forms to help you document your program; and a Virtual Farm to demonstrate an effective program in words, pictures, and videos.
- 5. Biosecurity and On-Farm Food Safety. Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences (2010).
- 6. HHS Pandemic Influenza Plan: Supplement 8 – Community Disease Control and Prevention, United States Department of Health and Human Services (2010). Available: http://www.hhs.gov/pandemicflu/plan/pdf/S08.pdf
- 7. Why Your Operation Needs a Biosecurity Program. Farm Focus (2011).
- 8. On-Farm Composting Handbook. Cornell Waste Management Institute. Reprinted with permission from On-Farm Composting Handbook (NRAES-54).
- 9. Thornton G. Biosecurity, food safety top issues for live production. May 11, 2010.
- 10. Feed Ingredients for Quality Mink - PDF (490 kb) Perennia.
Pests & Fencing
- 11. Integrated Fly Control on Mink Ranches - PDF (302 kb) Perennia.
- 12. Mink Ranch Fencing - PDF (302 kb) Perennia.
- 13. Canadian Drinking Water Guidelines. Health Canada. Environmental and Workplace Health 2011.
- 14. Treating Bacterial Problems in Water - PDF (143 kb) Perennia.
- 15. Use Water Analysis Reports to Enhance Water Quality - PDF (127 kb) Perennia.
- 16. Disease Prevention and Biosecurity (August 2010). Victorian Department of Primary Industries, Biosecurity Guidelines for Poultry Producers. Available: Disease prevention & biosecurity > Health Management > Health | Poultry Hub | Poultry Research, Commercial & Scientific Poultry Information
- 17. General Producer Guide to National Avian On-Farm Biosecurity Standard. Canadian Food Inspection Agency (March 2009).
- 18. National Avian On-Farm Biosecurity Standard. Animal Biosecurity, Office of Animal Biosecurity, Canadian Food Inspection Agency (2009).
- Date modified: