Information for quarantined producers in Alberta and Saskatchewan
When the CFIA contacts a producer about placing quarantine and movement controls on animals as part of the bovine TB investigation, they are provided with an information package that includes:
- a letter outlining the reasons their animals have been included in the investigation, a CFIA contact person and provincial contact information for any human health questions or concerns
- information about how the TB disease investigation is carried out
- information on compensation if animals have to be ordered destroyed
The CFIA will also provide additional information from other provincial and federal departments that will be of assistance to quarantined producers.
The CFIA has also provided Alberta producers under quarantine with the following information:
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation - Financial support available for cattle producers affected by bovine TB - PDF (365 kb)
- Alberta Agriculture and Forestry - Water Supply Consideration for Quarantined Beef Cattle - PDF (208 kb)
If you are a producer under quarantine or movement controls and have questions about this information package, please contact us.
- Date modified: