Export of Dogs and Cats to Australia

This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).

Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository

For all required information for exporting cats and dogs into Australia, please see your local District Office. Close attention must be paid to the logistics of the process, particular time constraints, fees, and quarantine requirements that are applicable to your particular situation.

An import permit for Bringing Cats and Dogs (and other pets) to Australia (DAFF) must be obtained prior to entry into the country. If any part of the documentation is deemed unsatisfactory by Australian officials, there is a risk of the following: extra disease testing by the AQIS, an extended quarantine stay, declined entry of the animal into the country, or destruction of the animal - all at the expense of the owner.

Date modified: