Import Policies - Live Animals
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has prepared guidelines for frequently imported pets.
Specific import requirements, based on the applicable animal health policies, can be reviewed in the Automated Import Reference System (AIRS).
- Criteria for Quarantine Facilities
- Import Conditions for Breeding Swine from European Union Member States
- Import Conditions for Canadian Horses returning from European Union Member States
- Import Conditions for Horses from European Union Member States for Temporary Stay in Canada: Horses for Competition or Racing, Training and Stallions for Non-Competitive Entertainment
- Import Conditions for Horses from the European Union Member States for Permanent Stay in Canada: Breeding Horses, Racing Horses, Horses for Riding and Pleasure, Horses for Non-Competitive Entertainment, and Andalusian Horses
- Import Conditions for Horses From the United States for Immediate Slaughter
- Import Measures for Live Birds to Prevent the Introduction of Avian Influenza in Domestic Birds
- Import of Restricted Feeder Cattle from the United States
- Import Reference Document (As referenced in the Health of Animals Regulations)
- Importing or Travelling with Pets
- Requirements for Breeding Cattle Imported from the United States to Canada
- Requirements for Camelids Imported From the United States to Canada
- Requirements for Captive Non-Domestic Ruminants Imported From the United States to Canada
- Requirements for Non-Human Primates Imported into Canada
- Requirements for Pet Birds Imported From Countries Other Than the United States
- Requirements for Small Ruminants Imported From the United States for Breeding, Domestic or Captive Purposes
- Requirements for Small Ruminants Imported from the United States for Feeding and Subsequent Slaughter
- Requirements for Small Ruminants Imported from the United States for Immediate Slaughter
- Requirements for the Movement of Small Ruminants Transiting Canada by Land Between the Continental United States and Alaska
Pages Under Review
- Requirements for Farmed Cervids Imported from the United States to Canada (This page is currently under review. For more information, please contact the Import/Export Live Animals Section)
- Date modified: