This information is in addition to the core labelling requirements.
In general, mandatory information or claims that are acceptable on a food label may also be used to advertise that food. Unacceptable label information is generally also not acceptable in advertising. Therefore, manufacturers and advertisers should ensure that their labels comply with federal statutes before developing advertisements for the foods.
Food manufacturers wishing an opinion on a label may request government officials to review the specific label, however, a label review does not constitute a review of the advertising script.
Information related to this subject
- Food Advertising Responsibilities
- Common Name
- Language Requirements
- Avoiding Misleading Description
- Supporting References
- Endorsements, Awards and Seals of Approval
- Advertising Requirements for Nutrient Content Claims
- Comparisons and Comparative Claims
- Appropriated or Inferred Claims
- Labels in Advertisements
- Educational Advertising
- Broadcast Advertising
- Advertisements for Bulk Beef, Veal, Pork and Lamb
- Population Targeting
- Date modified: