Safe Food for Canadians Action Plan
The Government of Canada is taking further action to strengthen Canada's world-class food safety system with the launch of the Safe Food for Canadians Action Plan.
The Action Plan aims to strengthen Canada's food safety system through:
- stronger food safety rules,
- more effective inspection,
- a renewed commitment to service, and
- more information for consumers.
Over the next two years, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) will launch a number of significant food safety enhancements. The Agency will work with consumer groups and industry to develop new regulations that will bring into force the Safe Food for Canadians Act passed in November 2012.
Initiatives under the Safe Food for Canadians Action Plan
- Labelling Modernization Initiative
- Inspection Verification Teams
- New Testing and Labelling Safeguards at Federal Meat Plants
- Safe Food Canada - The Learning Partnership
World Health Day 2015
- 2015-04-07 – Statement – World Health Day 2015 – Food Safety Theme
- 2015-04-07 – Statement – Honourable Rona Ambrose Minister of Health - World Health Day 2015 - Food Safety Theme
- 2015-07-23 - Government of Canada establishes centre for food virology
- 2014-06-17 - Government further strengthens food safety oversight
- 2013-11-15 - Government announces enhancements to maintain healthy and safe food for Canadians
- 2013-07-25 - New interactive web tools explain complex food safety process
- 2013-07-02 - Canadian Food Inspection Agency Launches Consultations on Canada's Food Safety System
- 2013-06-12 - Canadian Food Inspection Agency Launches Consultations to Modernize Food Labelling
- 2013-05-17 - Government Announces Safe Food For Canadians Action Plan
- Date modified: