Dairy Establishment Inspection Manual – Chapter 3 - Registration of Establishments
Appendix 3 - 6 Covering Letter Example – Certificate of Registration
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Area Office Address
Name and address of applicant
Enclosed please find the Certificate of Registration registering your establishment
No. #### with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency pursuant to the Canada Agricultural Products Act and the Dairy Products Regulations. This certificate will expire (insert date).
Please ensure that this certificate is posted in a conspicuous place in your establishment.
Sections 10 and 11 of the Dairy Products Regulations clearly outline the requirements that must be met for your establishment to maintain federal registration.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your establishment is operated and maintained in accordance with the requirements of these Regulations. In addition, it is necessary for you to inform us if:
- your establishment is changing ownership (subsection 10(5) of Regulations), or
- you plan to make renovations/modifications to your establishment (section 11.1(29) of Regulations).
Please note that prior to (insert date) you will be required to forward to CFIA:
- an Application for Registration
- verification of the total volume of milk received or product output at your establishment, and
- a cheque for the yearly registration fee.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at (insert number).
Dairy Program Specialist
- Date modified: