Product Inspection of Imported Fish
3. Legislative Authority
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
The authority for the control and inspection of fish is provided by:
- Fish Inspection Act (R.S.C., 1985. c. F-12)
- Fish Inspection Regulations (C.R.C. 1978 c. 802, as amended)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency Fees Notice, Part 16
- Food and Drugs Act and Food and Drug Regulations (as it relates to food)
- Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act and Consumer Packaging and Labelling Regulations (as it relates to food)
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency also takes into consideration the requirements of other Canadian Acts and Regulations applicable to the inspection of food.
- Date modified: