Low-Acid and Acidified Low-Acid Foods In Hermetically Sealed Containers – Visual Inspection Protocol
3.0 Inspection Equipment
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
It is recommended that inspectors be equipped with the following items during each inspection, however additional items may be required:
- Magnifying glass, at least 5x magnification
- Light meter
- Auxiliary light sourceFootnote 1
- Seam micrometer
- Centre depth gauge
- Indelible marking pen
- Tags, labels, and sample bags for sample identification
- Sturdy durable container to transport samples
- Metal Can Defects Manual
- Visual inspection report form
- Detention or seizure forms
- Flash light
For the detailed inspection of the selected containers, and any reinspection, the light used must be a minimum of 100 foot candles or 1000 lux. If the inspector feels the lighting does not meet this requirement, a light meter should be used to evaluate the lighting.
- Date modified: