Food Imports

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is responsible for the initial import inspection of food, agricultural inputs and agricultural products. The CFIA sets the policies and regulations for these importations and they are enforced by CBSA at Canadian entry points.

Programs and Services for Commercial Importers

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency regulates the imports of food products. Additional information is available on products such as:

Information for travellers

Travellers are required, by law, to declare all plant, animal, and food items they bring into Canada. For more information visit What Can I Bring Into Canada?

Date modified: