ARCHIVED - CFIA Investigation into XL Foods Inc. (E. coli O157:H7)
The investigation has closed.
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
In February 2013, the Government of Canada appointed an Independent Expert Advisory Panel to conduct a review of events and circumstances related to Establishment 38, XL Foods Inc., and the E. coli O157:H7 investigation and recall.
The advisory panel which comprised of recognized scientific, public health, and industry experts, completed their review and released the report on June 5, 2013.
- Corrective Action Requests (CARs) issued to XL Foods Inc.
- CFIA Assessment of Establishment 38, XL Foods Inc.
- Public Health Notice: E. coli O157:H7 illness related to beef
- Statements and Updates
- Update on the Resumption of Operations at XL Foods Inc.
- Statements from the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food
- Timeline of Events: Investigation into XL Foods Inc.
Consumers who are unsure if they have affected products are advised to check with the store where they were purchased. If you are unsure whether a product is part of the recall, the safest course of action is to throw it away.
- Factsheet on E. coli
- The Compliance Verification System (CVS)
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points
- Date modified: