Food Labelling and Advertising
The food label is one of the most important and direct means of communicating product information between buyers and sellers. It is one of the primary means by which consumers differentiate between individual foods and brands to make informed purchasing choices.
What information is available?
- Amendments to the Food and Drug Regulations Related to Nutrition Labelling, List of Ingredients and Food Colours
- Subscribe to e-mail notifications
- Record of Food Labelling and Advertising Updates
Notice to Industry
- 2017-03-13: Notice to industry - Interim Measure for TMA Requests for Food Additives Use in Processed Products
- 2016-12-21: Notice to industry - Reminder: Amended Maple Syrup Grading and Classification Now In Force
- 2016-06-27: Notice to industry - Undeclared Egg in Imported Surimi and Surimi-based Products
- 2016-03-09: Notice to Industry - Enforcement of new halal labelling and advertising requirements
- 2015-03-18: Notice to Industry - Web-based Industry Labelling Tool supports label compliance across the food sector
- 2014-04-23: Notice to Industry - Government of Canada improves labelling of halal food products
- Date modified: