Composition and Quality Claims
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
When used in reference to a food, means:
- the name of the food printed in boldface type in the Food and Drug Regulations;
- the name prescribed by any other regulation; or
- if the name of the food is not so printed or prescribed, the name by which the food is generally known. [B.01.001, FDR]
Means a prescribed name, mark or designation of a category and includes a standard prescribed for an agricultural product [2, Canada Agricultural Products Act (CAPA)].
A statement about:
- the absence of a particular ingredient, substance or class of substances in a food because the substance is not inherent to the food;
- a substance that is not present in the food either through direct addition or through carry-over; or
- a substance that has been removed from the final food.
- Date modified: