Labelling Requirements for Maple Products
Exemptions for Non Commercial Shipments
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
The labelling requirements of the Maple Products Regulations do not apply to a shipment of maple syrup or maple products other than maple syrup that [18, MPR]:
- does not exceed 100 litres (for maple syrup) or weighs 25 kg or less (for maple products other than maple syrup);
- is part of an immigrant's effects;
- is carried on any vessel, train, motor vehicle, aircraft or other means of transportation for use as food for the crew or passengers thereof;
- is consigned to a national or an international exhibition, weighs 100 kg or less and is not intended for sale in Canada;
- is imported from the United States onto the Akwesasne Reserve for use by an Akwesasne resident;
- is bonded.
- Date modified: