Consultations - Food Labelling Modernization Initiative
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) launched the Food Labelling Modernization (FLM) initiative in June 2013. A multi-phase consultation approach was adopted. The CFIA analyzed the feedback from these consultations, and developed key proposals for changes that were put forward for the third phase of consultation.
- Phase I (2013-2014): We engaged with you to identify and prioritize issues within the focus of the initiative.
- Phase II (2014-2015): We engaged with you on suggested options that could lead to recommendations for modernizing the food labelling system.
- Phase III (2016-2017): We engaged with you on key proposals to modernize the food labelling system.
- Discussion Paper and Online Questionnaire - Phase III (closed March 14, 2017)
- Webinars - recording available
|1. Consult with stakeholders on issues – Phase I||Complete|
|2. Gather and analyze all results from Phase I consultations||Complete|
|3. Draft options for discussion||Complete|
|4. Engage stakeholders on the options for discussion - Phase II||Complete|
|5. Analyze results from Phase II consultations and post report||Complete|
|6. Consult with stakeholders on key proposed changes – Phase III||Complete|
|7. Draft and post a report on our website||To be determined (2017)|
We have been using a variety of ways to communicate the progress of this initiative at each stage of the process. To stay informed, we encourage you to sign up to receive email updates on CFIA modernization initiatives.
For more information on the Food Labelling Modernization initiative, email CFIA-Modernisation-ACIA@inspection.gc.ca.
- Date modified: