The meat import program is designed to ensure imported meat products are equivalent to Canadian standards. The main considerations are consumer protection (public health) and prevention of introduction of a serious epizootic disease (animal health).
- Foreign countries establishments eligible to export meat products to Canada
- Meat Hygiene Manual of Procedures
- Automated Shipment Inspection Status Search Tool
- CFIA audits and assessments of food control systems in other countries
- Previously published reports on audits and assessments are available in archives maintained by Library and Archives Canada.
- Date modified: