Chapter 7 – Packaging and labelling
7.14 Labelling requirements for non-meat food products
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
All non-meat food products which are received at a registered establishment for use in meat products shall be marked as required under the Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act and the Food and Drugs Act and shall bear a label containing the following information:
- the name and address of the manufacturer of the food or food additive;
- the descriptive name of the food or food additive, immediately adjacent to its brand name and, where the food or food additive has been imported into Canada, the name of the country of origin in close proximity to the descriptive name;
- the net quantity;
- a list of the ingredients in a manner sufficient to indicate their nature;
- directions for use, including a warning clause, where applicable; and
- any other information necessary to ensure that the food or food additive is used in a safe manner.
Such products would include fillers, curing agents, anti-oxydants, bases and mixes, batter, breading seasonings, etc.
- Date modified: