ARCHIVED - Federal/Provincial/Territorial Interprovincial Meat Trade Pilot Project
This page has been archived
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
About the pilot project
Fulfilling a promise made at the Agriculture ministers' meeting in July 2010, the Government of Canada in partnership with provincial governments will invest up to $5 million for a series of 17 pilot projects that will help meat processors move their high-quality product across the country, while complying with national food safety standards.
A total of 17 pilots were selected across Canada. Pilot locations reflect a representative sample of species, meat processing activities and plant size. On site work at the pilot locations was completed between February to July 2011.
FPT officials collected information from non-federally registered businesses interested in participating as a pilot. They then selected pilot businesses based on a pre-established set of criteria including an appropriate representation of meat processing activities in Canada.
List of Participating Establishments
- Brookside Abattoir/Northumberlamb - Bible Hill, Nova Scotia
- O.H. Armstrong Limited - Kingston, Nova Scotia
- Waddell's Inc. - Crapaud, Prince Edward Island
- Produits de nos Grands-Mères - N. D. inc. Saint-Sévérin, Quebec
- Abattoir Charron inc. - Saint-André-Avelin, Quebec
- Aux Petits Délices G.T. inc. - Quebec, Quebec
- Schinkel's Legacy - Ridgetown, Ontario
- V.G. Packers Limited - Simcoe, Ontario
- Sikorski Sausages Co. Ltd. - London, Ontario
- Winnipeg Old Country Sausage - Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Drake Meat Processors - Drake, Saskatchewan
- Western Prime Meat Processors - Weyburn, Saskatchewan
- Diamond 7 - Lloydminster, Saskatchewan
- Bens Quality Meats - Picture Butte, Alberta
- Stawnichy's - Mundare, Alberta
- Iron Creek Colony- Bruce, Alberta
- Lawrence Meat Packing Co. - Dawson Creek, British Columbia
- Date modified: