Processed Products (fruits, vegetables and maple products)
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) verifies that maple and processed fruit and vegetable products regulated under the Canada Agricultural Products Act which are produced in federally-registered establishments or imported into Canada are safe, wholesome, properly packaged and labelled.
Products regulated under the Canada Agricultural Products Act
Processed fruit and vegetables include those that are canned, frozen, concentrated, pickled, hot-filled, aseptically-produced or otherwise prepared to ensure their preservation. These products are regulated by the Processed Products Regulations under the Canada Agricultural Products Act. Dehydrated products are not considered under this program. Maple products include maple syrup, maple sugar, soft maple sugar, maple butter and maple taffy and are regulated by the Maple Products Regulations under the Canada Agricultural Products Act.
What information is available?
- Imports and interprovincial trade
- Inspection Manuals and Codes of Practice
- Container Sizes
- Test Marketing and Other Authorizations
Additional government and industry information
- Food & Consumer Products of Canada
- Food Processors of Canada
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - The Canadian Fruit and Vegetable Preserving and Specialty Food Manufacturing Industry
- Joint Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) – Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) Customs Self Assessment (CSA) Pilot Study
- Date modified: