On December 14, 2016, amendments to nutrition labelling, list of ingredients and food colour requirements of the Food and Drug Regulations came into force. Regulated parties have a five (5) year transition period to meet the new labelling requirements.
Consult the Former – Health Claims for information on the former requirements.
On this page
- Steps for Determining the Type of Health Claim
- Foods or Natural Health Products (NHP)
- Drugs vs. Foods
- Drug Representations and Pre-market Approval
- Drugs Claims Not Permitted on Food
- Acceptable Disease Risk Reduction Claims and Therapeutic Claims
- Function Claims
- Nutrient Function Claims
- Probiotic Claims
- Use of the Term "Prebiotic(s)"
- General Health Claims
- Implied Health Claims
- Children Under Two Years of Age
- Testimonials and Guarantees Regarding Vitamin and Mineral Nutrients
- Additional Information
- Date modified: