Consultations - Food Labelling Modernization initiative
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) launched the Food Labelling Modernization (FLM) initiative in June 2013 and adopted a multi-phase consultation approach.
Based on input from the last round of consultations when we consulted you on key proposals to modernize the food labelling system, proposed regulatory changes to the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations and Food and Drug Regulations were developed.
Current regulatory consultation (concludes on September 4, 2019)
Previous pre-regulatory consultations
- Phase I (2013 to 2014): We engaged with you to identify and prioritize issues within the focus of the initiative.
- Phase II (2014 to 2015): We engaged with you on suggested options that could lead to recommendations for modernizing the food labelling system.
- Phase III (2016 to 2017): We engaged with you on key proposals to modernize the food labelling system.
- Discussion paper and online questionnaire – Phase III (closed March 14, 2017)
- Webinars – recording available
- What we heard report – Phase III consultations
To stay informed, we encourage you to sign up to receive email updates on CFIA modernization initiatives.
For more information on the Food Labelling Modernization initiative, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food Labelling Modernization initiative
- Questions and answers
- Notice to industry – Prepublication of regulatory changes for Food Labelling Modernization
- Food labelling modernization – Overview of proposed regulatory changes
- Proposed documents to be Incorporated by Reference – Safe Food for Canadians Regulations and Food and Drug Regulations
- Date modified: