CFIA Notification and Recall Contact List
Notify the CFIA immediately when you suspect that your firm has sold, distributed or imported a product that may pose a serious risk to consumers. Provide the CFIA with the following information:
- a detailed description of the nature of the problem
- the name, brand, size, lot code(s) affected
- details of complaints received and any reported illnesses
- the distribution of the product - local or national
- when the product was distributed (specific dates)
- label(s) of the product(s) which may be recalled
- the total quantity of product imported and distributed
- the name of your firm's contact with the CFIA
- the name and telephone number(s) for your firm's after-hours contact
This information is pertinent for the CFIA to develop an accurate and complete risk management strategy.
Recall Contact List
The CFIA Area Recall Coordinators can be reached at these telephone numbers from 08:00 to 23:00 local time.
- Date modified: