Food Recall and Emergency Response
The CFIA coordinates food emergency response across Canada. Our top priority is timely and effective response to food safety emergencies. We have established a 24-hour service standard to respond to all Class One food recalls.
Notify the CFIA immediately when you suspect that your firm has sold, distributed or imported a product that may pose a serious risk to consumers.
What information is available?
- CFIA Framework for Food Safety Investigation and Response
- CFIA notification and recall contact list
- Food Investigation Response Manual
- Foodborne Illness Outbreak Response Protocol (FIORP)
- Recall Plans
- Food recalls and allergy alerts
- Date modified: