Food Safety Practices Guidance For Spice Manufacturers
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). 2013. Food recalls and Allergy Alerts - High-risk
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). May 4, 2010. Investigation update: Multistate outbreak of human Salmonella Montevideo infections.
Lehmacher A, Bockemuhl J, Aleksic S. 1995. Nationwide outbreak of human salmonellosis in Germany due to contaminated paprika and paprika-powdered potato chips. Epidemiology and Infection 115:501-511.
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). 2005. Herbs, spices and essential oils. Post-harvest operations in developing countries. - PDF 2,030 (kb) Vienna, Austria.
Vij V, Ailes E, Wolyniak C, Angulo FJ and Klontz KC. 2006. Recalls of spices due to bacterial contamination monitored by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration: the predominance of Salmonellae. Journal of Food Protection 69: 233–237.
Acts and Regulations
- Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act and Regulations
- Food and Drugs Act
- Food and Drug Regulations
- Pest Control Products Act
- Pest Control Products Regulations
- Weights and Measures Act and Regulations
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Evaluation Standard for Nutrition Labelling
- Food Allergies and Allergen Labelling
- Food recalls: Make a plan and action it! Manufacturers' guide
- Food Safety Enhancement Program Manual
- General Principles of Food Hygiene, Composition and Labelling
- Good Importing Practices for Food
- Guide to Food Labelling and Advertising
- HACCP Generic Model for Spices
- Nutritional Labelling Compliance Test
- Reference Database for Hazard Identification
- Reference Listing of Accepted Construction Materials, Packaging Materials and Non-Food Chemical Products
Codex Alimentarius Comission. FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme. 1995. Code of Hygienic Practice for Spices and Dried Aromatic Plants. - PDF (46 kb) CAC/RCP 42 -1995.
Codex Alimentarius Commission. FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme. 2003. Recommended International Code of Practice - General Principles of Food Hygiene. - PDF (234 kb) CAC/RCP 1-1969, Rev. 4.
American Spice Trade Association. February 2006. HACCP Guide for Spices and Seasonings.
International Pepper Community. Code of Hygienic Practice for Pepper and Other Spices.
Schweiggert, U., Carle, R., Schieber, A. 2007. Conventional and alternative processes for spice production – a review. Trends Food Sci. Technol. 18: 260-268.
- Date modified: