Due to system maintenance, the CFIA website will be unavailable from 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (EDT) on Sunday, November 24, 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Plant Protection Policy Directives - Horticulture
This page lists the plant protection policy directives for horticulture crops.
Directives are also listed in the following subject index pages:
- Export requirements that are applicable to all commodities
- Grains and field crops
- Import requirements that are applicable to all commodities
- Invasive alien species and domestic plant health programs
- D-18-01: Phytosanitary import requirements for propagative material of Rubus and Ribes species from all origins
- D-17-03: Phytosanitary requirements to prevent the introduction and spread of Rhagoletis cerasi (European cherry fruit fly)
- D-16-02: Administration of the United States - Canada Greenhouse-Grown Plant Certification Program (GCP)
- D-14-03: Phytosanitary import requirements for fresh and dried branches, cut flowers and other plant parts for ornamental purposes
- D-13-03: Phytosanitary import requirements to prevent the introduction of Lobesia botrana, the European grapevine moth
- D-12-02: Import Requirements for Potentially Injurious Organisms (Other than Plants) to Prevent the Importation of Plant Pests in Canada
- D-11-01: Phytosanitary Requirements for Plants for Planting and Fresh Branches to Prevent the Entry and Spread of Anoplophora spp.
- D-10-01: General Phytosanitary Import Requirements for Fresh Pepper and Tomato Fruit from the World
- D-09-01: Phytosanitary requirements to prevent the introduction and spread of the European brown garden snail (Cornu aspersum [Müller], syn. Helix aspersa [Müller]) from the continental United States
- D-08-05: Canadian Fruit Tree Export Program (CFTEP) for Malus, Pyrus, Chaenomeles, Cydonia and Prunus spp.
- D-08-04: Plant protection import requirements for plants and plant parts for planting
- D-07-03: Phytosanitary Import Requirements to Prevent the Entry of Epiphyas postvittana (light brown apple moth)
- D-04-01: Canadian Nursery Certification Program (CNCP)
- D-03-09: Import Requirements for Pelargonium spp. and Solanum spp. Propagative material to prevent the entry of Ralstonia solanacearum, Race 3 (Biovar 2) into Canada
- D-02-04: The Blueberry Certification Program and domestic phytosanitary requirements to prevent the spread of blueberry maggot (Rhagoletis mendax) within Canada
- D-01-07: Canadian phytosanitary import requirements for fresh citrus and tropical fruits
- D-01-04: Plant protection import and domestic movement requirements for barberry (Berberis, Mahoberberis and Mahonia spp.) under the Canadian Barberry Certification Program
- D-01-02: Import requirements for packages of flower bulbs purchased in the Netherlands by travellers returning to or visiting Canada
- D-01-01: Phytosanitary Requirements to Prevent the Entry and Spread of Phytophthora ramorum
- D-00-08: Requirements to Prevent the Introduction of undescribed species of Phytophthora pathogenic to Alder (Alnus spp.)
- D-00-07 Phytosanitary requirements to prevent the introduction and spread of apple maggot, Rhagoletis pomonella (Walsh)
- D-00-03: Import requirements from the United States and domestic movement requirements for material to prevent the introduction of Eastern filbert blight into British Columbia
- D- 99-07: Policy for Importation from the United States and Domestic Movement of Plum Pox Virus (PPV) susceptible Prunus Propagative Plant Material
- D- 99-04: Systems Approach Based Oriental Fruit Moth Certification Program
- D- 97-06: Plant Protection export certification program for grapevine nursery stock, Vitis spp.
- D- 97-05: Phytosanitary Measures for Chrysanthemum, Dendranthema, and Leucanthemella serotina Plant Material to Prevent the Introduction of Chrysanthemum White Rust, Puccinia horiana, P. Henn.
- D- 96-20: Canadian Growing Media Program, Prior Approval Process and Import Requirements for Plants Rooted in Approved Media
- D- 96-15: Phytosanitary requirements to prevent the spread of Japanese beetle, Popillia japonica, in Canada and the United States
- D- 96-12: Greenhouse Certification Program for Export of Greenhouse-grown plants to the United States
- D- 95-26: Phytosanitary requirements for soil and soil-related matter, and for items contaminated with soil and soil-related matter
- D- 95-08: Phytosanitary import requirements for fresh temperate fruits and tree nuts
- D- 94-35: List of Sources Approved to Export Fruit Tree and Grape Propagative Material to Canada
- D- 94-34: Import Requirements for Grapevine Propagative Material
- D- 94-26: Phytosanitary import requirements for root crops (other than potato), mushrooms, and vegetables with attached roots for consumption or processing
- D- 94-25: Plant protection import requirements for ginseng (Panax spp.)
- Date modified: