Areas Regulated for the Emerald Ash Borer
Map: PDF (2,243 kb)
The following areas are designated as regulated areas for the emerald ash borer:
- All the areas within the boundaries of the Cities of Hamilton and Toronto, the Regional Municipalities of Chatham-Kent, Durham, York, Peel, Halton, Niagara and Waterloo and the Counties of Brant, Bruce, Elgin, Essex, Haldimand, Huron, Lambton, Middlesex, Norfolk, Oxford, Perth and Wellington.
- The area within the boundaries of the City of Sault Ste. Marie.
- The area within the boundaries of the Manitoulin district.
Ontario - Quebec
- All the areas within the boundaries of the City of Ottawa, the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and the United Counties of Prescott and Russell and the county of Frontenac in the Province of Ontario and, in the City of Gatineau, the municipalité régionale de comté (MRC) de Papineau and the MRC Les Collines-de-l'Outaouais in the Province of Quebec.
- All the areas within the boundaries of the Municipalities of Carignan, Chambly, Richelieu, Saint-Basile-le-Grand and Saint-Mathias-sur-Richelieu, the cities of Montréal, Baie-d'Urfé, Beaconsfield, Côte-Saint-Luc, Dollard-Des Ormeaux, Dorval, Hampstead, Kirkland, Laval, L'Île-Dorval, Montréal-Est, Montréal-Ouest, Mont-Royal, Pointe-Claire, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, Senneville and Westmount and the Agglomération de Longueuil.
To slow the spread of the emerald ash borer (EAB) to new areas, the CFIA uses measures to control the movement of potentially infested materials. People who move regulated materials from regulated areas without the permission of the CFIA could face fines and/or prosecution.
In addition the regulated areas listed above, the movement of materials can also be regulated through legal notices issued to property owners. For properties where EAB has been confirmed, a Prohibition of Movement is issued, which prohibits movement of regulated materials from that specific property. Contact your local Canadian Food Inspection Agency office for additional information.
Continental United States
The following states are regulated:
- New Hampshire
- New York
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
- Date modified: