Anoplophora glabripennis - Asian Long-horned Beetle
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has established a regulated area in parts of Mississauga and Toronto to prevent the spread of the Asian Long-Horned Beetle. The Asian Long-horned Beetle Infested Place Order prohibits the movement of any tree materials out of or through the regulated area unless authorized by a Movement Certificate issued by the CFIA.
If you believe that you may have found this beetle, please contact a local CFIA office or call 1-800-442-2342. In Mississauga and Toronto, please call 647-790-1012. There are several native Canadian insects (White spotted Sawyer beetle, Monochamus scutellatus, Western Conifer Seed Bug, Leptoglossus occidentalis, Banded Alder Beetle, Rosalia funebris) which look similar to the Asian Longhorned Beetle.
Acts and regulations we enforce include:
Information we provide to the general public includes:
Information we provide to the plant industry and scientific community includes:
- Canadian Wood Packaging Import Requirements
- Policy Directives
- D-11-05 - Phytosanitary Requirements for Non-Manufactured and Non-Propagative Wood Products to Prevent the Introduction from the Continental United States and Spread Within Canada of the Asian Long-horned Beetle, Anoplophora glabripennis (Motschulsky)
- D-11-01 - Phytosanitary Requirements for Plants for Planting and Fresh Branches to Prevent the Entry and Spread of Anoplophora spp.
- D-08-04 - Plant Protection Import Requirements for Plants and Plant Parts for Planting: Preventing the Entry and Spread of Regulated Plant Pests Associated with the Plants for Planting Pathway
- D-02-12 - Import requirements of non-manufactured wood and other non-propagative wood products, except solid wood packaging material, from all areas other than the continental United States
- D-01-12 - Phytosanitary Requirements for the Importation and Domestic Movement of Firewood
- D-98-08 - Entry Requirements for Wood Packaging Materials Produced in All Areas Other Than the Continental United States
- Date modified: