Anoplophora glabripennis - Asian Long-horned Beetle
As of April 5, 2013, Asian Long-horned Beetle has been eradicated in Canada.
News Release - Asian Long-horned Beetle eradicated from Canada
Information about the former regulated area and movement restrictions is available from the Library and Archives Canada web site.
Plant protection policies to prevent the re-introduction of Asian Long-horned Beetle are in effect.
Information we provide to the plant industry and scientific community includes:
- Canadian Wood Packaging Import Requirements
- Policy Directives
- D-11-05 - Phytosanitary Requirements for Non-Manufactured and Non-Propagative Wood Products to Prevent the Introduction from the Continental United States and Spread Within Canada of the Asian Long-horned Beetle, Anoplophora glabripennis (Motschulsky)
- D-11-01 - Phytosanitary Requirements for Plants for Planting and Fresh Branches to Prevent the Entry and Spread of Anoplophora spp.
- D-08-04 - Plant Protection Import Requirements for Plants and Plant Parts for Planting: Preventing the Entry and Spread of Regulated Plant Pests Associated with the Plants for Planting Pathway
- D-02-12 - Import requirements of non-manufactured wood and other non-propagative wood products, except solid wood packaging material, from all areas other than the continental United States
- D-01-12 - Phytosanitary Requirements for the Importation and Domestic Movement of Firewood
- D-98-08 - Entry Requirements for Wood Packaging Materials Produced in All Areas Other Than the Continental United States
- Date modified: