This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Research Center in Fredericton, New Brunswick, from the cross (Raritan x Agitato) in 1978.
Experimental number: F80054
- Year registered in Canada: 2001
- Registration number: 5297
- Maturity: early
- Plants: medium size, erect; thin stems, not pigmented; inconspicuous wings; nodes not swollen.
- Leaves: yellowish green, open; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and asymmetrical; medium wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three to four pairs; medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; white corolla, slightly prominent star; bright yellow anther; flower bud not pigmented; peduncle not pigmented.
- Tubers: oval; smooth light yellow skin; shallow eyes, intermediate in number, predominantly apical; non prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid, very weakly pubescent; pink base, weakly pigmented; apex green.
High yielding variety; medium number of tubers per plant; short dormancy period; high dry matter content.
- Utilization: dry and mealy texture; good for boiling, excellent for baking.
- Chief Market: early fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1), PVY.
Moderately susceptible: common scab.
Susceptible: leaf roll, potato wart, verticillium wilt (Verticillium dahliae), fusarium dry rot, early blight.
Very susceptible: late blight.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: