This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by S. Hartmans from the cross (Alcmaria x SVP AM66-42) in Swifterbant (The Netherlands).
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4684
- Maturity: very early to early
- Plants: short; semi-erect to erect; stems not pigmented; moderately prominent wings, straight single; nodes very slightly swollen, not pigmented.
- Leaves: olive green; closed; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and asymmetrical; medium wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three pairs; large; medium to broadly ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and very asymmetrical.
- Flowers: rare to occasional; white corolla with prominent star; green-yellow anthers; buds and peduncles not pigmented; low berry production.
- Tubers: round to oval; large; light yellow skin, smooth to slightly rough; shallow eyes, intermediate in number, evenly distributed; rather prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: conical; weak blue-violet pigmentation; base strongly pubescent; tip closed, weakly pubescent.
High to very high yielding variety; many tubers per plant; uniform in grading; good resistance to second growth, growth cracks, hollow heart and drought; rather good resistance to internal and external bruising; medium to long dormancy period; low to medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: mealy texture; none to trace after cooking blackening; good taste; good for boiling and baking; poor for frying and chipping.
- Chief Market: early fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1).
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1).
Highly resistant: PVA, PVX, PVY, tuber late blight, rhizoctonia, blackleg.
Moderately resistant: leaf roll, common scab, fusarium dry rot, golden nematode (G. rostochiensis Ro2, Ro3).
Moderately susceptible: phoma rot.
Susceptible: foliage late blight.
References: 1, 4
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: