This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Svalöf Weibull A.B., from the cross (BM 52-72 X Sirco) in Emmeloord (The Netherlands) in 1976.
- Year registered in Canada: 2002
- Registration number: 5498
- Maturity: early to mid-season
- Plants: medium height, spreading; thin stems, not pigmented; moderately prominent straight single wings; nodes slightly swollen with no pigmentation; produce a high number of branches.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: broadly ovate; tip acute; base obtuse to cordate and slightly asymmetrical; strongly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: four to five pairs; medium ovate; tip acute; base obtuse to cordate, moderately asymmetrical.
- Flowers: few, medium size white corolla; orange anthers; flower buds and peduncles not pigmented.
- Tubers: oval to oblong; light yellow smooth skin; shallow eyes, intermediate in number, evenly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical; red-violet, weakly pigmented; moderately pubescent; long lateral shoots; tip has closed habit.
High yielding variety. Tubers are very uniform in shape and present good resistance to internal bruising. Low dry matter content. Medium storage ability.
- Utilization: firm flesh; good baked, boiled and for salad; not suitable for french fries or chips.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart.
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1).
Good resistance: PVYn.
Moderately resistant: tuber late blight, leaf roll, fusarium dry rot.
Susceptible: leaf late blight, PVX, common scab.
References: 1, 7.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: