This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Böhm Nordkartoffel Agrarproduktion OHG, Lüneburg, Germany, from the cross (L185/88/359 x E90/55) in 1995.
- Year registered in Canada: 2011
- Registration number: 7070
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium to tall, semi-erect; thin stems, not or very weakly pigmented; nodes not swollen.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open; midribs and petioles not pigmented; moderately wavy margins.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acute to acuminate; base cordate.
Primary leaflets: large, narrowly ovate; tip acute to acuminate; base cordate.
Secondary leaflets: moderately numerous.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; white corolla, star moderately prominent; flower buds and peduncles not pigmented.
- Tubers: cylindrical; smooth yellow skin; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; dark yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical; red-violet; base and tip weakly pubescent; base moderately pigmented; tip very weakly pigmented, closed habit.
Medium to high yielding variety of attractive appearance. Good resistance to bruising, rust spots, hollow heart and black spots. Medium to long dormancy period. Good storage capability. Low to medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: firm texture; no blackening after cooking; very good for boiling and salads.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: golden nematode ( Globodera rostochiensis Ro1 & Ro4).
Moderately resistant: PVY, leafroll.
Moderately susceptible: common scab.
References: 1, 15.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: