This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Jr. J. C. Dorst from the cross (Paul Kruger x Preferent) in Wageningen (Holland) in 1919
- Year registered in Canada: 1995
- Registration number: 4170
- Maturity: very late.
- Plants: medium, spreading growth; few, vigorous, thick stems, slight purple pigmentation; straight or slightly waved wings.
- Leaves: grayish green, fairly open, moderately large, rigid.
Terminal leaflets: obovate, corrugated, tip acute.
Primary leaflets: narrowly ovate, corrugated; tip acute; base asymmetrical; long petiolule.
- Flowers: numerous, medium size mauve corolla with white tips; late in development; few berries.
- Tubers: round to oval, large, uniform; fairly rough yellow skin; moderately shallow eyes; pale yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid, small to medium; medium red-violet pigmentation, weaker at the apex; weak pubescence.
High yielding variety; tubers are usually quite uniform and have good resistance to internal bruising. Very late variety, seed should be prepared to advance maturity in Eastern Canada. Medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: fairly firm to floury flesh, little after cooking discolouration, good for boiling.
- Chief Market: seed exportation.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1)
Moderately resistant: late blight, common scab, PVA.
Moderately susceptible: leaf roll, PVX, PVY.
References: 1, 6, 7.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: