This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred and selected by R. L. Plaisted, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York (USA) from (Allegany x Atlantic) in 1981.
- Year registered in Canada: 2001
- Registration number: 5336
- Maturity: early to mid-season
- Plants: tall, erect to semi-erect; rather thin stems with no pigmentation; medium prominent straight single wings; nodes slightly swollen.
- Leaves: medium green, medium to open, weak pubescence on lower surface, no pigmentation on mid-rib.
Terminal leaflets: elliptical; acuminate tip; obtuse and very weakly asymmetrical base; medium waviness of margins.
Primary leaflets: three pairs, small, broadly ovate; acuminate tip, slightly asymmetrical and obtuse base.
- Flowers: medium profusion; buds not pigmented; medium size white corolla, prominent star, lemon yellow anthers; no pigmentation on peduncule.
- Tubers: round; rough, buff colored skin; few shallow eyes, predominantly apical; medium prominent eyebrows; white flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; base has no pubescence and no pigmentation; close apex with no pubescence and no pigmentation.
High yielding variety; susceptible to drought, heat stress and air pollution. Medium dry matter content. Good storability quality; medium dormancy period (6 months). Very rapid emergence and early set. Exceptionally rapid early growth.
- Utilization: excellent for chipping, good for boiling and baking. No dark discolouration after cooking.
- Chief Markets: fresh market and processing.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1).
Highly resistant: powdery scab.
Moderately resistant: common scab.
Susceptible: early dying, early blight.
References: 1, 6.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: