This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by BV de ZPC from (Cardinal x SVP Ve 709) in St-Annaparochie (The Netherlands) in 1977.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4675
- Maturity: moderately late
- Plants: medium tall, semi-erect; stems medium to strongly pigmented; single straight wings; slightly swollen nodes, slightly pigmented.
- Leaves: dark green, semi-open; midribs and petioles strongly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base obtuse; weak to medium wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: five pairs; medium ovate; tip acuminate; base obtuse.
- Flowers: numerous, medium to large red-violet corolla, prominent star; flower bud weakly pigmented.
- Tubers: oblong; flaky red skin; shallow eyes, predominantly apical, slightly prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical, base moderately pubescent, strongly pigmented of red-violet; apex strongly pubescent, not pigmented.
High to very high yielding variety. Tubers are uniform in shape and have a rather good resistance to internal bruising and hollow heart. Good storability. High to very high dry matter content.
- Utilization: texture fairly firm; little discoloration after cooking; excellent for frying; good for baking and boiling.
- Chief Markets: fresh market, french fries.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1).
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1).
Highly resistant: PVX.
Good resistance: tuber late blight.
Moderately resistant: PVY, common scab.
Moderately susceptible: leaf late blight.
Susceptible: leafroll, PVA.
References: 1, 2, 7.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: