This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Agriculture Canada from (Arran Victory x and 5-142) and selected at the St. John's West Research Station, Newfoundland, in 1969.
- Year registered in Canada: 1979
- Registration number: 1930
- Maturity: late
- Plants: upright; nodes very slightly swollen; wings prominent, moderately wavy.
- Leaves: open, dark green; young leaves slightly pubescent.
- Flowers: large, numerous, white; long peduncles.
- Tubers: round, stem-end slightly flattened; blue purple skin; medium-deep eyes; white flesh.
- Sprouts: dark bluish purple.
High yielding variety; slight cracking may occur on tubers grown in dry soil; good storability, short dormancy period. High total solids.
- Utilization: very good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: table in Newfoundland
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: potato wart (race 2, 8).
Moderately resistant: late blight.
Susceptible: common scab, pathotype A of the golden nematode.
References: 1, 6.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: